Do you need a Visa for you trip to ?

Answer the two questions here and we'll show you if a visa or passport is required for your trip to :

Travel Visa Information : Questions and Answer on Travel Visas

Passports and is a private visa expediting service, providing travel visa information.

You can learn more about our travel visa expediting services.

How do I read a Brazilian Visa?

All information concerning its validity, type and eventual restrictions will be written on your visa label. Please read it carefully. For example, on the sample below, the visa was:

01) issued by the Consulate General of Brazil in Houston;

02) valid for multiple entries;

03) Is a business visa - VITEM II;

04) Allows stays of up to 90 days at a time;

05) Visa holder's name is John Doe;

06) The visa was issued on passport nº xxxxxxxxx;

07) John Doe is a US citizen;

08) The visa label nº is 000000MM;

09) The visa was issued on January 22nd, 2014;

10) John Doe's gender is male;

11) John Doe was born on April 1st, 1990;

12) This visa is valid for 10 years from the date of issuance. Therefore, it expires on January 21st, 2024.

This visa cannot be used for work or study.

Since there is no note concerning additional restrictions, it does not have a first entry restriction and can be used at any time during its validity for activities compatible with a business visa status.


Brazil Visa

When do I need a travel visa?

Unfortunately, the answer to this question is subject to change almost on a daily basis.  We update our travel visa database very frequently and you can take a look to see if you need a visa and the detailed requirements, forms and instructions by visiting our travel visa section.

If you don't see what you are looking for, send us an email and we will get back to you as soon as possible with up to date requirements and be glad to assist you in obtaining the visa.

What is the difference between a {country} tourist and business visa?

A passport is an official government document that certifies one's identity and citizenship.  The passport serves two purposes: to regain entry to the country of citizenship (i.e. the United States) and is a requirement by many countries to gain entry to the country you are visiting.  

A travel visa is an official government document that temporarily authorizes you to be in the country you are visiting.  Many countries require a visa to gain entry.  The visa usually is in the form of a stamp or sticker placed IN the passport and is obtained from the country you are visiting.

What is a travel visa?

A travel visa is a stamp or sticker placed by officials of a foreign country on a passport that allows the bearer to visit that country.  Visas are obtained from the proper embassy or local consulates of the country to be visited.  "Visit" is further defined as the reason for entry, usually business, tourist or transitory.  There are over 270 countries that offer travel visas and literally thousands of different types of visas available based upon country, type of visit, and length of visit. E visas services are also available for certain countries.