Name Change on Your Current Passport

Trusted Expedited US Passport Name Change Services for over 25 Years

Passports and has expedited over 1 million passports since 1992. 

You can get your name change passport in an expedited manner using our passport services.  Simply select the name change passport speed service option from below that best meets your needs.  Services starting at $109.

I Need My Passport Name Change In

Get Your Passport or Visa in 4 Easy Steps

image description
Apply online

Select the Passport service needed, and submit all necessary forms and documents along with your application.

image description

Your Account Manager quickly and personally reaches out to you and ensures you are at ease with the entire passport application process.

image description

Our team reviews and submits your documents while your Account Manager keeps you informed throughout the entire process.

image description

Your Passport is delivered via secure Fedex service.

Why Choose Passports and

Dedicated Personal
Account Manager
Safe and Secure
Government Approved
11 Offices Around
the Country

Passport Name Change

Applying to change the name in your passport is a good idea if your name has been legally changed since your travel document was issued. The application and supporting documents that you will submit depend on a couple of factors so read carefully to make sure you are submitting the correct ones.

The application and supporting documents that you will submit depend on a couple of factors so read carefully to make sure you are submitting the correct ones.The application takes approximately four to six weeks to process. Requesting expedited service will get it processed in just two to three weeks.

Getting your name changed faster requires you visit a regional processing center to submit the form. Those who are unable to go can get a third party to submit the application for them. One option in emergency situations is to use a professional courier service to expedite a name change.

Guidelines for expediting your Name Change on Your Passport

There are five items needed to change the name on your US passport.

Passport Photos

The US Passport Agency requires that passport photos taken on a white background and free of items such as glasses and scarfs.  Your passport photo should also be taken within the six months prior to your passport application. Watch the exposure on the photo, as that is a common issue we have when applying for a passport.

Your US Passport Renewal / Name Change Application (DS82)

Renewing a passport for a name change means completing and applying for a US passport again.  The passport application asks for information about yourself, your address, your prior passport information, your family, and where you are traveling to if in a hurry to get a passport.  We recommend you complete the DS82 passport renewal application online, print it on white paper, full size and ensure you sign the application.  Make sure to sign the application and double check for any typos on the application as those errors will cause delays.

Your US Passport

You'll need to surrender your passport as part of the application process.  So, you must have your passport in your possession and it must be valid to be renewed (an adult passport issued within the past 15 years) and must not be damaged.  Don't worry, you typically get your old passport back when your new passport is issued.

Check for your Passport Name Change

The current US passport renewal fee is $130 for routine passport service. There are optional add on service fees that may add to the total of your payment. Expedited service is $60 and you can request overnight delivery of your new passport for an additional fee.

Proof of Name Change

You'll need to provide your proof of name change for your passport typically provided via a marriage certificate, divorce decree or legal name change document.