You have selected

China Journalist Visa

I need my China Visa by:

China Visa Requirements

  • image description Valid Passport
    Valid Passport

    Provide your SIGNED passport. Your passport must be signed on the appropriate line. (For US citizens the line is located on the page following your information page). The passport must be valid with an expiration date greater than six (6) months from the date of entry for the visa you are applying for. Passport must have sufficient blank pages (at least 2 pages) for any visa stamps. These pages must say VISAS at the top of the page.  

    If your passport does not meet the requirements, we can assist with renewing a US Passport or obtain a new US Passport from us prior to obtaining the visa.

    (Important Note:  Keep a copy of your passport biographical information page for your records)

  • image description Completed China Visa Application
    Completed China Visa Application

    Download, print, fully complete and sign one copy of the China Visa Application Questionnaire.

    The Questionnaire requires you to:

    • Complete the six questions presented and our team will prepare the China VIsa Application on your behalf.
    • Sign in BLUE ink next to the Red Arrow in Section 4.3 on page two.
    • Be printed single-sided
  • image description Invitation

    A business letter of responsibility from the inviting employer/company in China :

    • The letter must be adressed to the Embassy of China.
    • The letter must explain the nature of the business to be performed and must indicate the duration of visa in need
    • The letter must include the name and address of the reference to be visiting in China.
  • image description Proof of Residency in United States
    Proof of Residency in United States

    You will need to provide a color COPY of your Green Card (Permanent Resident Card) or other proof of legal status in the United States.

    If your US visa is in your passport, as in most cases, then that passport MUST be sent.

    PLEASE NOTE: At the discretion of the Embassy/Consulate they reserve the right to ask for the original Green Card or Visa.

  • image description Visa Notification Letter
    Visa Notification Letter

    A Visa Notification Letter issued by the Information Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of China or other authorized units in China.

  • image description US Business Letter
    US Business Letter

    The Consulate of China requires that you provide a business cover letter from your company printed on company letterhead. 

    The letter must:

    1. Contain your company name and address
    3. Brief description of what the company does.
    4. Be addressed to the Embassy of China in Washington DC.
    5. Contain your personal information as it appears in your passport.
    6. Contain your exact job title.
    7. Detail the exact agenda while in China, with dates and cities.
    8. Specify who will be financially responsible for you during your trip. 
    9. Signed by someone of authority in your company other than yourself. 



  • image description One Passport Photo
    One Passport Photo

    You must provide 1 passport photo. They must be taken at an official passport photo provider (pharmacy, Costco, post office) and should not be taken and printed via a home photo printer. 

    Your photo must have your head centered in the photo, with a neutral expression, and no jewelry whatsoever.  If you wear glasses they must not obstruct your eye color or have a glare/reflection.  The background must be white.

    Photos that do not meet these standards will be rejected which will delay the process.

    The strict photo requirements can be viewed by clicking on this link: Chinese Visa Photo Requirements

  • image description Applicant of Chinese Origin
    Applicant of Chinese Origin

    Applicants born in China must include a copy of a previous Chinese visa or their last original Chinese passport, along with one completed and signed Chinese Particulars Form .

    Additionally, please make sure the Chinese Name field is completed on the Chinese visa application form in Chinese characters.

    If your current name differs from your birth name, you will be required to show proof of how your name was changed.  This may include an notarized copy of a court order or a notarized adoption decree.  If your name was changed unofficially, your application may be rejected.  Please note the Consulate has ultimate authority on what they will and will not accept.

  • image description Notice for Non-US passport holders
    Notice for Non-US passport holders

    The number of entries and length of visa is ultimately decided by the Consulate.  You may request for a multiple entry visa, however the Consulate may grant only a single or double entry visa.

China Visa Information