Vietnam Tourist Visa Requirements
Applying for a Vietnam tourist visa is quite easy as the Vietnamese government enables tourists to apply either on arrival or online with a simplified process.
Get Your Passport Today!
What are the requirements for a Vietnam tourist visa?
The documents you need to submit when applying for a Vietnam tourist visa are:
- A passport with a minimum of six months validity from the arrival date.
- Passport-sized photos with the following conditions:
- Recently taken
- Size should be 4cm x 6cm
- White or plain background
- You must be looking ahead with neutral expressions.
- You are not allowed to wear spectacles.
- If you wear a hat for religious reasons or have a wig, you can keep it in the photo. However, you must wear a wig or hat when you reach Vietnam.
- Vietnam visa application form: If you are applying to an embassy or consulate office, you may find the application form on their website or their offices
- Evidence of your Vietnam visa fee payment
- Any other extra documents that the Vietnamese Consulate or Embassy may request, such as an invitation letter or a sponsorship from someone who lives in Vietnam.
- If you are requesting a visa on arrival, you may need:
- The letter of approval
- Entry and exit forms that you will get on the plane. You must fill it out before submitting it to the immigration officers.
- Cash for the payment of Vietnam visa stamping fee
How do I apply for a Vietnam tourist visa?
If you want to visit Vietnam for tourism purposes or to meet your loved ones, you can apply for a Vietnam tourist visa by the following methods:
- Upon arrival
- At a Vietnamese embassy or consulate
1. Vietnam Tourist Visa Application Online
Nationals of specific countries can apply online for a tourist visa (known as Vietnam e-Visa). To request a Vietnam Tourist e-Visa, you need to check the Vietnam Immigration Portal and submit a new application. For this, you should follow the instructions below:
- Scanned image of your passport and a passport-sized photo
- Pay the e-Visa fee
- Waiting for visa processing (about three days)
- You can print the e-Visa and provide it to the immigration officers while going to Vietnam after the approval of your application.
2. Vietnam Tourist Visa on Arrival:
You can also request a Vietnam tourist visa when you arrive in Vietnam. Visas on arrival (VOA) can only be obtained from the mentioned below ports of entry:
- Cam Ranh Airport in Nha Trang
- Cat Bi Airport in Hai Phong
- Danang Airport in Da Nang
- Noi Bai International Airport in Hanoi
- Tan Son Nhat in Ho Chi Minh City
To obtain the VOA, you must apply for a Letter of Approval to the Vietnamese Immigration Department. There are visa application centers or travel agencies that work with the approval of the Vietnamese Immigration Department and can apply for an approval letter on your behalf.
You will get the Vietnam VOA Approval Letter by mail, after which you can print it and give it to the immigration agents at the visa issuing desks.
3. Vietnam Tourist Visa at an Embassy or Consulate:
If you are a citizen of a nation that is not on the list of Vietnam e-visa or would like to have the visa in your passport already when entering Vietnam, then you can select to apply at a nearby Vietnamese Embassy or Consulate.
How Much Does the Vietnam Tourist Visa Cost?
1. Vietnam Tourist Visa Online: $25
2. Vietnam tourist visa on arrival:
- Single entry: $ 25 stamp fee upon arrival
- Multiple entries: $ 50 stamp fee upon arrival
3. Vietnam tourist visa at an embassy/consulate. It is based on the particular consulate or embassy.
How Long Does a Vietnam Tourist Visa Valid?
A Vietnam tourist visa is provided for a paramount of 30 days. It can be provided for single entry or multiple entries.