Updated guide to Indian tourist visa
India is often known as a foreign travel destination, but it is a place of fully diverse and rich culture from which you are sure to take away different and beautiful memories. If you are a foreign visitor who has determined to visit India, you are very lucky because you don't have to put in too much effort to make this long-awaited trip come true. This Indian Tourist Visa is designed for tourists visiting India for recreation or sightseeing; however, it is also intended to make life easier for those who wish to visit India to visit family, friends, or relatives.
How can I apply for an Indian Tourist Visa?
Here you can safely fill out and submit the visa application form. This application form is for foreign nationals who want to apply for a visa outside India.
Each online application form is intended for one person only. A separate application must be submitted for each candidate.
Provide the information exactly as requested on the forms, particularly the name, date of birth, and address.
Candidates must review the application details before submitting them. You can save the online application form if you do not wish to submit it.
No further changes are allowed after the candidate has submitted the online application form. Therefore, candidates are asked to check and verify the information before submitting the form.
Candidates must keep the Application ID (generated automatically after submitting the form) for future communications.
The online Indian visa application needs the candidate to upload a digital photo of themselves and a copy of the passport to complete the standard visa application.
The digital photo to be uploaded with the visa application must fulfill the requirements below:
- Format JPEG
- The size of the photo can be a minimum of 10 KB and a maximum of 300 KB.
- The width and height of the photo must be the same, with no borders.
- The photo should show the full face front view with open eyes.
- The head should be in the center of the frame that showcases the whole head from the top of the hair to the bottom of the chin.
- There should be no shadows on the face or background.
- The background must be plain, light-colored, or white.
Appointment and payment:
After completing the application form, the system will automatically ask you to confirm the following:
- Select "Yes" if you want to find an appointment and pay online or
- "No" if you only want to print out the submitted application form
If your answer is "No", you must take the printout of the online application form submitted here and contact the relevant Indian Mission to submit the online application form along with the required documents.
If your answer is yes, the system will automatically take the link to do the following:
- Date and time selection for the appointment at the relevant Indian Mission.
- Calculation of VAT, visa, and service fee.
Submit your application form with supporting documents to the Indian Mission or Indian Visa Application Center after making an appointment online. Each candidate must make a separate appointment with the Indian Mission.
Visa status verification and visa receiving:
You can verify your visa status here. You can pick up your visa at the Indian Mission, Visa Application Center, or by mail.
Types of Indian tourist visas:
1. Tourist visa for one month:
- Entries: Double Entry, non-convertible and non-expandable.
- Duration: One month (30 days).
2. Tourist visa for one year:
- Entries: Multiple
- Duration: One year (365 days) from the Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) issuance date.
3. Tourist visa for five years:
- Entries: Multiple
- Duration: Five years from the date of issuance of the ETA.
Length of stay:
- Continuous stay during each visit must not exceed three months for countries other than the UK, US, Japan, and Canada.
- For the UK, US, Japan, and Canada, continuous stay at each visit must not exceed six months.
What is the cost of an Indian Tourist Visa?
India tourist visa fee varies by nationality and tourist visa type. Depending on some sources, it can vary from $25 to $75.