DS-82 Application Form for Passport Renewal
The application form DS-82 Passport Renewal Application for Passport Renewal is used when renewing a United States passport that is expired or near the expired date for no more than five (5) years beyond the expiration date on the passport.
Thie DS-82 form, like the DS-11 form, is a fillable passport form and will print out in the .pdf format with 2D Barcoded Encryption.
When you are filling out the form DS-82 for Passport Renewal you will need a passport photo and some other information such as Date of Birth, Name and Address.
Requirements for DS-82 Application Form for a Passport Renewal
You must submit form DS82 If the following are true.
- Your U.S. Passport is undamaged and can be submitted with your application.
- Your U.S. Passport was issued when you were of age 16 or older.
- Your U.S Passport was issued in the past 15 years
- Your U.S. Passport was issues in your current name or you can legally document your name change.
DS-82 Form Questions and Answers
How long does it take to process application form DS-82?
Regular processing time for DS-82 application form for passport renewal takes about 10 to 12 weeks during COVID. U.S Expedited processing services takes about 6 weeks to complete. If you need your passport application process quicker you could call our passport expediting services.
Is the DS-82 Form printable?
Yes! Like all United States passport application forms the DS-82 is a printable form.
Where could I find a passport renewal form locally?
DS-82 and any passport application form could be found at any post offices around the United States, and embassy around the world. To find a DS-82 form in your area you could look up by using out database here.
DS-82 Application Form requirements when using a registered passport expeditor
If you need to expedite your passport renewal and you are traveling in the next 14 days or 30 days and a visa is required read our instructions below.
Expedited Passport Renewal Checklist: Note if your passport does not have 6 months of validity it is recommended to renew your passport now.
- DS-82 Form, Application for Passport Renewal: Complete the multi-page online application or print and fill out by hand. Do not forget to sign the application.
- Travel Itinerary: Print one (1) copy of your travel itinerary from an airline or travel agency. Ensure that the travel date on your itinerary matches the date on your application. If you have questions regarding this step, please call 800-860-8610.
- Two Identical Passport Photos Include two identical professionally taken passport photos. You can obtain your passport photo at a FedEx Kinko’s, Post Office, Walgreens, CVS; these are a few places amongst others.These must meet government requirements and be 2×2 inches in size on a white background. Head coverings are acceptable for religious purposes with proper documentation as well as prescription eye-glasses.
- Authorization Letter Print one copy of the authorization letter. This allows us to act as a courier on your behalf. Please only check off the first two boxes on the authorization letter.
- Old Passport Book Submit your expired or soon to be expired passport. Passports must be in good condition. The passport will not be accepted if its damaged. Make sure your passport was issued within the last 15 years.
- Government Fee A check or money order made payable to the “US Department of State” in the amount of $190. If you have applied for the passport card, the total amount of the check or money order will be $220.
Please fill out our secure order form to secure your spot with the State Department to expedite your Passport Renewal. After all of these steps have been followed and executed you will then mail your documents to our passport renewal team.