DS-11 Application Form for New Passport
The DS-11 New Passport Application Form for New U.S Passport is an application form that should be used when you are applying for a new U.S. passport or when you are replacing an expired U.S. passport that was issued to child under the age of sixteen; Or for a lost passport.
This new passport application form DS-11 Application has been updated for 2013 which is the most current version of the DS-11 Form. When filling out any passport application form it is recommended that you use the bar coded version of the application form that are located below as online passport application.
Passport books comes in 26 pages passport and a 52 page passport book. This is a good option if you travel regularly, and you need the extra passport pages for entry
Requirements for DS-11 Application Form for New U.S. Passport
- You have never been issued a United States Passport You are under the age of 16 or
- Your were under the age of 16 when your previous United States passport was issued or
- Your most recent United States passport was issues more than 15 years ago
- Your most recent United States Passport was lost or stolen
- Your name has change since your previous United States passport and you are not able to legally document your name change.
Complete your DS-11 Application form by hand or online:
Download the Fillable DS-11 Application Form. Filling out the United States DS-11 Application form is very simple and straight forward.
Use the online passport application wizard provided by the U.S. Department of state. This is an online application and it will create a 2D barcoded application form in the PDF format for you to print. Many acceptance agents will require the DS-11 application form to be barcoded
Is the DS-11 New Passport Application Form printable?
Yes! Like all United States passport application forms the DS-11 is a printable form.
Where could I find a new passport form locally?
The DS-11 New Passport application and any passport application form can be found at any post office or clerk of the court around the United States, and embassy around the world. To find a DS-11 form in your area you could look up by our local passport locations finder.
DS-11 Application Form requirements when using a registered passport expeditor
If you need to expedite your new passport and you are traveling in the next 14 days or 30 days and a visa is required read our instructions below.
Expedited New Passport Checklist:
- DS-11 Passport Application Form, Application for New Passport: Complete the multi-page online application or print and fill out by hand. Do not forget to sign the application in front of a postal agent only.
- Travel Itinerary: Print one (1) copy of your travel itinerary from an airline or travel agency. Ensure that the travel date on your itinerary matches the date on your application. If you have questions regarding this step, please call 800-860-8610.
- Two Identical Passport Photos Include two identical professionally taken passport photos. You can obtain your passport photo at a FedEx Kinko’s, Post Office, Walgreens, CVS; these are a few places amongst others.These must meet government requirements and be 2×2 inches in size on a white background. Head coverings are acceptable for religious purposes with proper documentation as well as prescription eye-glasses.
- Authorization Letter Print one copy of the authorization letter. This allows us to act as a courier on your behalf. Please only check off the first two boxes on the authorization letter.
- Proof of Citizenship. Your certified birth certificate or old passport.
- Government Fee. A check or money order made payable to the “US Department of State” in the amount of $190. If you have applied for the passport card, the total amount of the check or money order will be $220. An additional fee will be charged when you visit the post office, typically $35.
Normal processing time for application form DS-11 takes about 4 to 6 weeks. United States Expedited processing takes about 3 weeks to complete. If you need your United States passport application process quicker you could schedule an appointment to your nearest regional passport agency. Or you have the option to use a registered passport expeditor.