Utilization of Indian Business Visa
What is an Indian business visa?
The India Business Visa enables its holder to engage in business activities during their stay in the country. The India e-business visa is a double-entry visa that allows a total stay of six months from the date of arrival into the country.
As of April 1, 2017, e-Visas for India have been divided into three categories, one of which is the Business Visa. The application window under the eVisa system has been extended from 30 to 120 days, meaning foreign citizens can request up to 120 days before their expected date of arrival in India. However, it is recommended that business owners apply for their business visa a minimum of four days before their trip. Most applications are processed within four days, but in some cases, visa processing may take a few days longer. After approval, it will be valid for one year.
Get Your Passport Today!
How does the e-business visa work?
Travelers wishing to obtain their Indian e-business visa need to know the following before submitting an application:
- Indian e-business visa validity is six months from the arrival date.
- The Indian e-business visa will be a double-entry visa.
- This visa type is non-extendable and non-convertible.
- Candidates can request for a maximum of two e-Visas during a year.
- Candidates must have sufficient financial resources to support themselves throughout their stay in India.
- Travelers must carry a duplicate of their approved Indian e-business visa authorization during their stay.
- Candidates must have an onward or return ticket when applying for an Indian e-business visa.
- All applicants, regardless of their age, must have an individual passport.
- The Indian e-Business Visa cannot be utilized and is not valid to visit any restricted, protected or cantonal areas.
- The candidate's passport must be valid for a minimum six months from the date of entry in India. The passport should have minimum two blank pages to allow immigration and border control authorities to affix entry and exit stamps.
- Candidates with diplomatic passports or international travel documents are not eligible to apply for Indian e-Business Visa.
It is imperative to note that there are additional verification requirements for e-business visas to effectively obtain the visa. These requirements are:
- Answer specific questions about the sending and receiving organizations.
- Business card, the simplest, or a business letter.
What you can do with an Indian e-business visa?
The Indian e-business Visa is an online electronic travel authorization for business trips to India. The Indian Business Visa is a double entry visa with a total stay of six months.
The e-Business can be utilized for:
- To recruit workers.
- To conduct guided tours.
- For sale, purchase, or trade.
- To attend exhibitions or business fairs.
- To attend technical or business meetings.
- To start an industrial or business enterprise.
- Expert in connection with an ongoing project.
- To give a lecture(s) within the framework of the Global Initiative for Academic Networks (GIAN).
How long can you stay in India on an e-business visa?
The Indian e-business Visa is a double-entry visa that allows a maximum stay of up to six months from the date of arrival into India. Eligible foreigners can get two e-Visas within a calendar year. If you want to stay in India for more than six months, you may have to request a consular visa. Indian e-visas are non-extendable.
An e-business visa holder must enter through one of the five designated seaports or 28 designated airports. Indian e-business Visa holders can exit the country from any authorized ICPS (Immigration Check Posts) in India. If you need to enter India by land or via a port of entry that is not within the designated e-Visa ports, you will have to apply for a visa at a consulate or an embassy.