How Do You Get a Passport Online?
As more countries open their doors and travel resumes, it's time to renew your passport. Many countries follow a six-month rule, which states that your passport must be valid for at least six months beyond the date of your trip. So do yourself a favor and check the expiration date on your passport right now. Whether you have a trip planned or not, you'll need the extra time to renew it, so get started now.
If you are visiting this website for the first time and intend to apply for a machine-readable passport, please read this advisory.
Passport Requirements in 2022!
Please have the following items ready before applying:
• Documentation in support.
• Capture a photograph up to 5MB in size, as described in the Photograph Tutorial.
• Fingerprint form, completed as instructed in the Fingerprint Tutorial.
• A valid credit card to pay your application fee online.
You are now ready to submit your application online!
You must now do the following:
Steps for the registration process!
Create an account:
- If you are in the United States, an SMS and email code will be sent to you for registration.
- If you are located outside of the United States, all required codes will be sent to you via email only.
- Fill out an application for the renewal of your machine-readable passport and provide the necessary information.
- Enter your mailing address for machine-readable passport delivery.
- Pay the fee with a credit or debit card.
- Enter your personal information.
- Give your current and permanent addresses.
- Insert your photograph.
- Attach any supporting documents requested by the application.
- Download the form and take the four fingerprints requested by the system.
- Go over the information you provided, sign the declaration, and apply.
How long will it take to complete the online application process?
The table below shows the approximate time required to complete an online application, assuming you meet all of the prerequisites.
Process of Online Application:
The applicant must create a login through the Online Application. Once the user credentials have been verified and a login account has been created, the applicant can continue with the processing of their passport applications. The applicant has the option to save the application at any point during the process. The application is designed in the form of a wizard, and applicants will be asked to provide information such as demographic data, biometric data, and supporting documents.
Once all application requirements have been completed and reviewed, as well as the necessary payment of the passport fee, the application will be submitted for further processing.
All submitted applications are reviewed at passport renewal online, and the decision is based on the documents provided. The passport officer would either approve the applications for further processing or mark them for further verification at the nearest Mission. When all formalities have been completed, the application will be approved for passport printing/delivery to the applicant.
Intimation of Application Status:
Applicants will be notified of the current status of their passport applications via their registered email addresses.