Get your Passport today!Get started in three easy steps.
Washington Passport Agency
Passports and Visas.com provides the following information on the Washington Passport Agency as a service to the public. We assist travelers in the Washington area with obtaining a passport, passport renewal, or other Washington passport or visa services. We can work you to obtain your US passport application in the Washington area in as little as 24 hours. Give us a call at 1-800-860-8610 to discuss your Washington passport situation.
Washington Passport Agency / Washington Passport Office Information
The Washington Passport Agency only serves customers who are traveling, or submitting their passports for foreign visas, within 14 days. To apply at the Agency, you must schedule an appointment by calling toll-free at 1-877-487-2778, 24 hours/day.
|Public Hours of Operation||By Appointment Only
8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Monday through Friday (except Federal
|Public Telephone Number||
(Automated appointment line and general recorded information available 24 hours/7 days)
1 (877) 487-2778
1111 19th Street, N.W.
|Region Served||Washington, DC, Maryland, and Virginia (counties of Arlington, Alexandria, Fairfax, Loudon, Stafford, and Prince William|
From Interstate 495 (points north of Washington, DC): Take 95 South to 495 West. From 495 West take exit 33, Connecticut Avenue/Kensington. Follow the exit ramp to the left, heading south on Connecticut Avenue towards Chevy Chase and DC. Continue traveling south on Connecticut Ave. approximately 7 miles. As you approach R Street, you will be nearing the Dupont Circle traffic circle. Stay left and follow Connecticut Ave. through the underground tunnel going beneath the circle. After passing through the tunnel, turn right onto M Street. From M Street, take your first available left onto 19th Street. 1111 19th Street is on the left in the middle of the block between L and M Streets.
From Route 66 and Route 50 (points west of Washington, DC): Take I-95 North to 395 North towards Washington, DC. Enter Washington via the 14th Street Bridge. From 14th Street, turn left onto K Street. Turn right onto 18th Street. Turn left onto M Street. Turn left onto 19th Street. Continue one-half block. 1111 19th Street is on the left in the middle of the block between L and M Streets.
From Interstates 95 and 395 (points south of Washington, DC): Take 95 North to 395 North towards Washington, DC. Enter Enter Washington via the 14th Street Bridge. From 14th Street, turn left onto K Street. Turn right onto 18th Street. Turn left onto M Street. Turn left onto 19th Street. Continue one-half block. 1111 19th Street is on the left in the middle of the block between L and M Streets.
From Route 50 (points east of Washington, DC): Take US Route 50 West. It will turn into New York Avenue. After the exit for Interstate 395 (stay right to get by), turn right onto L Street, following the US 50 West signs. Stay on L Street and merge onto Massachusetts Avenue. Stay on Mass. Ave. (You will travel under Thomas Circle.) to Scott Circle. Exit Scott Circle at Rhode Island Ave. going SW. (Rhode Island Ave. enters the circle just after you do BUT you will turn onto Rhode Island where it leaves the circle going in your direction.) Follow Rhode Island Ave. for two blocks and then merge onto M Street as you cross Connecticut Ave. One full block later, turn left onto 19th Street. 1111 19th Street is on the left in the middle of the block between L and M Streets.
Train/Metro: Metrorail Red or Green Lines to Farragut North. Metrorail Blue or Orange Lines to Farragut West.
Taxi: From Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport, Baltimore Washington International Airport or Dulles International Airport.
- You will need your Social Security Number or confirmation number.
- Please arrive no more than 15 minutes prior to your appointment. Earlier arrivals will not be admitted.
- Late arrivals, 15 minutes after the scheduled appointment, will have to reschedule their appointments.
- Upon entry to the building, you will go through security, including metal detectors.
- Go to check-in/information. Your appointment will be verified.
- You will be given a numbered ticket with the approximate, current waiting time at the bottom. (We do our best to keep the waiting time as short as possible.)
- Please take a seat. Note: To maximize customer comfort and comply with fire and safety regulations, Passport Agency public waiting areas are limited to applicants, required witnesses, and those accompanying minors, disabled applicants, or serving as interpreters.
- When your number is called and/or appears on the television monitor, go to the number of the window indicated.