Get your Passport today!Get started in three easy steps.
San Francisco Passport Agency
Passports and Visas.com provides the following information on the San Francisco Passport Agency as a service to the public. We assist travelers in the San Francisco area with obtaining a passport, passport renewal, or other San Francisco passport or visa services. We can work you to obtain your US passport application in the San Francisco area in as little as 24 hours. Give us a call at 1-800-860-8610 to discuss your San Francisco passport situation.
San Francisco Passport Agency / San Francisco Passport Office Information
|The San Francisco Passport Agency only
serves customers who are traveling, or
submitting their passports for foreign
visas, within 14 days. To apply at the
Agency, you must schedule an appointment by
calling toll-free at 1-877-487-2778, 24
|Public Hours of Operation||By Appointment Only
9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Monday through Friday (except Federal holidays)
|Public Telephone Number||
(Automated appointment line and general recorded information available 24 hours/7 days)
95 Hawthorne Street, 5th Floor
San Francisco, CA 94105-3901
|Region Served||San Francisco residents, Arizona, California (all counties North of and including Monterey, Kings, Tulare, and Mono), Nevada (except Clark County) and Utah|
|Directions||Car: From San
Francisco International Airport take 101
North. At the 280 interchange take 280 North
until you reach the end of the freeway which
is 5th Street and King Street. Take King
Street to 3rd street and make a left turn.
Take 3rd Street to Folsom (about 8 blocks)
and turn right. Go one block to Hawthorne.
We are at the corner of Hawthorne Street and
From Oakland International Airport take 880 North and go West across the San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge on 80. After coming off the bridge into San Francisco take the Fremont Street Exit. Move to the left lane and continue down Fremont Street to Howard Street. Make a left on Howard Street and go three blocks to Hawthorne which will be on the left side of Howard Street.
There are private parking lots nearby (approximately $15).
Train: From Calstation at 4th Street and King Street - taxis are available (approximately 1 mile.) The #15, 30, and 45 buses depart from or near Calstation and go down 3rd Street to Folsom which is one block from the agency.
Taxi: From San Francisco and Oakland Airports - taxis are available (travel time from San Francisco Airport is 30 minutes to one hour and from Oakland Airport 45 minutes to an hour and a half).
BART: Exit the Montgomery Street Bart Station. This is a large station with numerous exits. Take the "Market/New Montgomery" escalator up to the corner of Market Street and New Montgomery. Go right on New Montgomery until it ends at Howard Street. At Howard, turn right. Go one-half block to Hawthorne on left. Turn left on Hawthorne one block to Folsom. The entrance to the San Francisco Passport Agency is at 95 Hawthorne on the corner of Hawthorne and Folsom.
Note: Please do not arrive more than fifteen minutes prior to your appointment because early arrivals will not be admitted and there is no waiting area in the lobby. If you arrive more than fifteen minutes after your appoinment time, you will need to re-schedule. You will be asked for your Social Security number to verify your appointment time.
- You will need your Social Security Number or your confirmation number.
- Please arrive no more than 15 minutes prior to your appointment. Earlier arrivals will not be admitted.
- Late arrivals, 15 minutes after the scheduled appointment, will have to reschedule their appointments.
- Upon entry to the building, you will go through security, including metal detectors.
- Take the elevator to the 5th floor.
- Go to check-in/information. Your appointment will be verified.
- You will be given a numbered ticket with the approximate, current waiting time at the bottom. (We do our best to keep the waiting time as short as possible.)
- Please take a seat. Note: To maximize customer comfort and comply with fire and safety regulations, Passport Agency public waiting areas are limited to applicants, required witnesses, and those accompanying minors, disabled applicants, or serving as interpreters.
- When your number is called and/or appears on the television monitor, go to the number of the window indicated.