Get your Passport today!Get started in three easy steps.
New Orleans Passport Agency
Passports and Visas.com provides the following information on the New Orleans Passport Agency as a service to the public. We assist travelers in the New Orleans area with obtaining a passport, passport renewal, or other New Orleans passport or visa services. We can work you to obtain your US passport application in the New Orleans area in as little as 24 hours. Give us a call at 1-800-860-8610 to discuss your New Orleans passport situation.
New Orleans Passport Agency / New Orleans Passport Office Information
|The New Orleans Passport Agency only
serves customers who are traveling, or
submitting their passports for foreign
visas, within 14 days. To apply at the
Agency, you must schedule an appointment by
calling toll-free at 1-877-487-2778, 24
|Public Hours of Operation||By Appointment Only
8 a.m. to 12 noon
Monday through Friday (except Federal holidays)
|Public Telephone Number||
(Automated appointment line and general recorded information available 24 hours/7 days)
|Address||New Orleans Passport
One Canal Place
|Region Served||Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, North Carolina, Ohio, Puerto Rico, Tennessee, Virgina(except Arlington, Alexandria, Fairfax, Loudon, Prince William, and Stafford counties), and Wisconsin|
|Directions||Car: The New Orleans
Passport Agency is located in the heart of
downtown New Orleans at One Canal Place, 365
Canal St., Suite 1300. One Canal Place is an
office tower/ shopping center/ hotel
complex, and is located between the historic
U.S. Customhouse and the Aquarium of the
Americas at the intersection of Canal and
North Peters Streets.
Passport customers departing New Orleans International Airport and heading toward the downtown area on I-10 eastbound should follow signs on the Interstate marked "New Orleans Business District". With the Superdome visible in the distance, the traveler will approach a two-lane off-ramp marked "I-10 East Slidell". Take the off-ramp, and very shortly you will exit to your left at Exit 234B, "Poydras St. Superdome". Proceed down Poydras St. approximately 1 mile, and then take a left onto South Peters St. Continue down South Peters approximately 2 blocks to the intersection with Canal St. The One Canal Place office tower will be just ahead to your right at the corner of Canal and North Peters Streets.
Customers approaching the downtown area on I-10 westbound should exit to the right at Exit 235B, "Canal St. Superdome". Canal Street is approximately 1 block straight ahead from the downside of the off-ramp. Take a right onto Canal Street, and proceed approximately 1 mile. The One Canal Place office tower will then be visible to your left.
Customers travelling from the West Bank of the Mississippi River should take the Crescent City Connection (Mississippi River Bridge) and then exit at Camp Street. Turn right onto Andrew Higgins Drive and proceed approximately 4 blocks to South Peters St. Take a left onto South Peters and continue several blocks until you reach the Canal St. intersection. The One Canal Place office tower will be just ahead to your right at the corner of Canal and North Peters Streets.
Paid parking is available in the One Canal Place garage as well as in several lots nearby.
Train: From Union Passenger Terminal - taxis available (approximately 1 and a half miles).
Taxi: From New Orleans International Airport - taxis available (travel time from the airport is approximately 30 - 45 minutes).
- You will need your Social Security Number.
- Please arrive no more than 15 minutes prior to your appointment. Earlier arrivals will not be admitted.
- >Late arrivals, 15 minutes after the scheduled appointment, will have to reschedule their appointments.
- Upon entry to the building, you will go through security, including metal detectors.
- Take the elevator to the 13th floor, Suite 1300.
- Go to check-in/information. Your appointment will be verified.
- You will be given a numbered ticket with the approximate, current waiting time at the bottom. (We do our best to keep the waiting time as short as possible.)
- Please take a seat. Note: To maximize customer comfort and comply with fire and safety regulations, Passport Agency public waiting areas are limited to applicants, required witnesses, and those accompanying minors, disabled applicants, or serving as interpreters.
- When your number is called and/or appears on the television monitor, go to the number of the window indicated.