Get your Passport today!Get started in three easy steps.
Chicago Passport Agency
Passports and Visas.com provides the following information on the Chicago Passport Agency as a service to the public. We assist travelers in the Chicago area with obtaining a passport, passport renewal, or other Chicago passport or visa services. We can work you to obtain your US passport application in the Chicago area in as little as 24 hours. Give us a call at 1-800-860-8610 to discuss your Chicago passport situation.
Chicago Passport Agency / Chicago Passport Office Information
|The Chicago Passport Agency only serves
customers who are traveling, or submitting
their passports for foreign visas, within 14
days. To apply at the Agency, you must
schedule an appointment by calling toll-free
at 1-877-487-2778, 24 hours/day.
|Public Hours of Operation||By Appointment Only
(If traveling or needing passport for visas within 14 days)
9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Monday through Friday (except Federal holidays)
|Public Telephone Number||
(Automated appointment line and general recorded information available 24 hours/7 days)
|Address||Chicago Passport Agency
|Region Served||Illinois and Michigan and Chicago area residents|
|Directions||Car: From O'Hare
Airport , take the Kennedy Expressway to
Congress Parkway East. Turn left on Dearborn
Street, going north. After almost 2 blocks,
the agency will be on the left side of the
street in the Kluczynski Federal Building.
The address is 230 South Dearborn Street,
18th Floor. Travel time from the airport is
approximately one hour.
From Midway Airport , take Cicero Avenue north to 55th Street (also known as Garfield Blvd.), then go east on Garfield Blvd. to the Dan Ryan Expressway (I-94W), go north on I-94W to Congress Parkway. Go east on Congress Parkway to Dearborn Street. Go north a couple of blocks on Dearborn Street to 230 South Dearborn.
Train: From Union Station - taxis available (approximately 2 miles)
Taxi: From O''Hare and Midway Airports - taxis available (travel time from either airport is approximately one hour.)
CTA: From O''Hare Airport, take the CTA (Chicago Transit Authority) Blue Line train to Jackson Street Station. The Chicago Passport Agency is located in the Kluczynski Federal Building at 230 S. Dearborn, on the corner of Jackson and Dearborn next to the CTA exit.
From Midway Airport, take the CTS Orange Line train to LaSalle Street Station. Walk one block north and a block east to the Chicago Passport Agency located in the Kluczynski Federal Building at 230 S. Dearborn.
- You will need your Social Security Number.
- Please arrive no more than 15 minutes prior to your appointment. Earlier arrivals will not be admitted.
- Late arrivals, 15 minutes after the scheduled appointment, will have to reschedule their appointments.
- Upon entry to the building, you will go through security, including metal detectors.
- Take the elevator to the 18th floor.
- Go to check-in/information. Your appointment will be verified.
- You will be given a numbered ticket with the approximate, current waiting time at the bottom. (We do our best to keep the waiting time as short as possible.)
- Please take a seat. Note: To maximize customer comfort and comply with fire and safety regulations, Passport Agency public waiting areas are limited to applicants, required witnesses, and those accompanying minors, disabled applicants, or serving as interpreters.
- When your number is called and/or appears on the television monitor, go to the number of the window indicated.